Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sister's Quilt

Every Christmas I like to create some handmade, special gifts. This last year, I had my sister for Christmas. Her favorite color is sage green and she likes it with pink. So I picked out these pieces to assemble a quilt. I googled free quilt patterns and found this one somewhere. Sorry to have lost the link, but I did change it a bit, so it isn't totally the pattern. :) Some of the quilt pieces were embroidered flowers. I love to do embroidery, so this was right up my alley. For sentimental purposes, the back of the quilt is scenes of one or two girls together. There are three girls in my fam, so I thought that this could be all of us sisters together. So as my sister is away at college, she can take a little bit of us with her. Happy quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment